Bridges are used as an option for filling the space that is left by a missing tooth. Unlike dentures, bridges are cemented into place and are considered permanent. There are different types of materials that make up a bridge. Some of these materials include gold alloys, porcelain bonded to metal alloy or ceramic material. Whichever material is used depends on the patient’s oral condition.
There are many detrimental consequences that can occur if a person prolongs replacing a missing tooth. Some of these issues include the shifting of surrounding teeth, bone loss, and temporomandibular joint disorders. Bridges are a perfect option for replacing a missing tooth because they can last a lifetime and prevent further complications.
Advantages To Bridges
Bridges are used as a restorative method to replace a missing tooth. There are many advantages that bridges have for a patient’s oral health. Some advantages include the reduction of jawbone deterioration and prevent surrounding teeth from shifting.
Protection: A person who has a missing tooth is prone to many complications to include, the shifting of the teeth or gum disease. Bridges eliminate those risk factors and promote relief from oral discomfort.
Aesthetics: Dental bridges will restore your missing teeth and enhance your smile. They look realistic to your natural teeth. With dental bridges, you will be able to enjoy the daily pleasures of eating your favorite foods with ease and speaking without issues.
Dental implants are the most advanced technology that is used by dentists to replace missing teeth. This permanent solution will last a lifetime with proper care and it provides the most natural-looking results.
This procedure consists of a small titanium screw that is surgically implanted into the jawbone, and once healed, 2 other pieces will be placed above. This replacement option is durable and helps provide stimulation to the jawbone which prevents jaw deformation.
Dental Implant Benefits
There are many benefits to dental implants that will positively change your smile and improve your confidence. View the different options below to see the many benefits that this tooth replacement option provides.
Advantages To Dental Implants
- Permanent: Dental implants provide a permanent solution to your missing teeth because they are installed into the jawbone.
- Bone Loss Prevention: When there’s a lack of stimulation to the jawbone – usually provided by a natural tooth – it will cause it to deteriorate.
- Stability: Dental implants provide the stability that no other tooth replacement option can because they are installed as an artificial root of a natural tooth.
Dentures are a set of replacement teeth that are used to replace missing teeth in a person’s mouth. If you are missing a tooth due to a disease or injury, this apparatus will help maintain your oral health. One piece of the denture fits directly over the roof of your mouth. Partial or full mouth dentures are 2 different options that are used as replacements. Partial dentures restore a few teeth while complete dentures replace a full mouth.
There’s an adjustment period after dentures are placed in the mouth, and it can take some time to get used to it. At Clayton Dental, your highly skilled dentist will examine your mouth and will work with you to determine if dentures are a good solution.
Advantages Dentures Provide
Patients who are suffering from missing teeth can find that there are many advantages that dentures offer.
- Aesthetics: Our dentures are state-of-the-art and resemble natural teeth. They have been proven to drastically improve the self-esteem of our patients.
- Comfort: Our dentures are fully-functional, comfortable and have a tight grip, resulting in no slippage.
- Health Benefits: Dentures help reduce the risk of bone loss along the jaw. They also help support the facial muscles and structures of the face.
Great Alternatives To Dentures
If dentures don’t sound convincing, these two alternatives below are great choices that can be used as replacements:
- Dental Implants: This option is the most advanced technology in modern dentistry for replacing missing teeth because of its durability and stability.
- Porcelain Veneers: This choice is great for rejuvenating your smile in a minimally invasive procedure. Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain material that are used to recreate a natural look to your teeth.